Our School Council represents the views of all our pupils. It gives children the opportunity to make their voices heard and feel part of the whole school community.
Thursday 17th March 2016
- School uniform / teachers wearing a uniform
- Football in KS1 PE
- Having orange juice at lunchtimes instead of milkshake
- A review of prizes in the class chance boxes
- Guitar club
- Back packs for pupils instead of the current book bags
- A fundraiser for new playground equipment.
Actions from the last meeting:
- We will look into the cost of First Aid Training for the current Y5 children and plan for the training to take place in the Autumn term
- We will approach Mr Coirie, our MFL Coordinator and discuss the possibility of a Spanish Day in Summer 2
- A Science club took place over a 6 week period with the children also having a visit to Zoo. These children will share their experiences in an assembly
- We are currently looking into our lunchtime provision and will be discussing possible links with NTU whereby students may run alternative lunchtime clubs for our children.
The School Council have decided to have a fundraiser in the second half of the summer term. All members will be involved and plans will begin after the Easter break. WATCH THIS SPACE FOR FURTHER DEVELOPMENTS
Friday 8th January 2016
Below are some of the suggestions/thoughts that the School Council Representatives shared during the meeting:
- To have a Spanish day that included eating Spanish food. Also, to have a Spanish room in school
- To investigate the price of school dinners and find out how much individual foods cost
- To have an after school football club and have football taught as part of the curriculum
- To purchase more playtime equipment
- To buy a school mini bus
- To have a Science club
- To have a wider variety of fiction and non-fiction books in the classrooms
- To encourage children to be in school all the time and to arrive on time at the start of the day
- To have a handwriting day. Some of the older children could help the younger children
- To have more visits outside of school
- To have Y6 children trained as First Aiders
- To build a school library
- Break time snacks
- To have a school newspaper.