Welcome to Forest Fields Primary and Nursery School
Our Ethos and Values
Forest Fields Primary and Nursery School is a caring, friendly and extremely happy school where children value themselves and others and are encouraged to achieve beyond their expectations. We are privileged to be part of a multi-cultural community where all cultures and beliefs are valued and celebrated.
Our inclusion statement is:
Everyone in our school feels included, engaged, valued, listened to and empowered.
Our School Vision
At Forest Fields, our vision is
Every child deserves the opportunity to reach their true academic potential. We want every child to feel valued, within a safe, happy and nurturing school environment. Through a rich and creative curriculum, we prepare our children for their future by providing experiences which grow aspirations, and ambition without limits, so they can achieve and succeed in school and beyond. Understanding the child as a whole and celebrating the families that make-up our community underpins our vision.
We are about children, curriculum, communication, cultural capital, community diversity and committed readers.
- Create wonderful and awesome learners that achieve well academically and develop emotionally, socially and become rounded citizens
- Smash all barriers to learning
- Prioritise communication skills through a language rich environment
- Listen to everyone and make sure everyone has their opinion valued
- Ensure every child is a reader and develops a deep, rich understanding of the world
- Meet the needs of all our individual learners
- Foster their individual passions
In order to achieve this we provide:
- An exciting, engaging and adventurous curriculum that focuses on key knowledge and skills and gives children fun ways to practise these
- Creating a love of learning and the confidence to move forward
- A supportive kind, caring, empathetic team that look after each other
- Learning that is exciting and fun!
- A curriculum that raises awareness of our impact on the environment locally and globally, promotes sustainability and ecological understanding
- Opportunities to be creative through the arts, which will include performance, music, drama and enabling a celebration of achievements.
- A curriculum that encourages fit, active children through a wide range of sports, healthy lifestyle projects and develops their EHWB.
- A curriculum that helps to nurture a whole child's character, so they can face challenges to develop curiosity, creativity, teamwork, empathy, resilience, respect, reflectiveness, diligence and excellence, which form our school values. These are embedded within our curriculum.
Our School Values
All year groups will work on these values across school and each year group will have a focus on a value, fostering and nurturing it as they progress through the year.
Foundation 2: Creative
Year 1: Teamwork
Year 2: Empathetic
Year 3: Resilience
Year 4: Reflective
Year 5: Diligent
Year 6: Excellence
Our website aims to give you a taster of the school, as well as providing regular updated information for both parents and pupils. Please keep checking back to see what else we will be adding over the coming weeks and months! We hope that you enjoy your visit to our website, and that you find any information you are looking for. Please feel free to contact the school directly with any queries you may have.
Thank you for visiting!
If you would like paper copies of any of the information on our website please contact the school office and they will provide you with this free of charge.